Need help? 0845 533 1023 Monday to Friday 9.30am - 5pm
- Blackout blinds
- Roller blinds
- Roman blinds
- Venetian blinds
- Vertical blinds
- Wooden blinds
- Woodweave blinds
- Duette shades
- Duorol Shades
- Free Hanging Pleated
- Velux blinds
- Skylight Loft blinds
- Cassette Blackout
- Jeff Banks Wood Blinds
- Luxaflex Home Design
- INTU Venetian Blinds
- INTU Pleated Blinds
- INTU Roller Blinds
- Pleated blinds
- Kitchen Blinds
- Bathroom Blinds
- White Blackout Blinds
- Conservatory Blinds
- Next Day Blinds
- Office Blinds
- No Drill INTU Blinds
- Light Wood Blinds
- Kids Blackout Blinds
- Discount Roman Blinds
- Discount Venetian Blinds
- Faux Wooden Blinds
- Discount Wood Blinds
- Cheap Wood Blinds
How to measure - Woodweave blinds
Things to Remember
- Use a steel tape measure for accuracy.
- Measure in centimeters and round each measurement to the nearest 0.1cm.
- Measure all windows, even those that appear to be the same width and height.
- When ordering always specify the width measurement first and then the height.
- Remember to specify ‘Recess’ or ‘Exact’ size when ordering. For more information on Recess or Exact specified measurements please read ‘Determine the type of mount Recess or Exact’.
- Look out for any obstructions such as window handles, tiles, dado rails etc and take their position into account if necessary. This way you will be sure of a perfect fit for your blind.
- Consider the stacking height for the product that you choose.
- If you have any questions about measuring your window please call us on 0845 533 1024 or email us at email@example.com.
Determine the type of mount Recess or Exact
This is the measurement you need to specify if you want your blind to fit inside the window recess. There is no need for you to make any adjustments as we will make the deductions for the blind to fit the recess perfectly. For recess deductions see Guide to Recess allowances below.
- Measure the width of the window wall to wall (left to right) in 3 separate positions, as shown in the diagram. Note down the smallest measurement inside the recess.
- Measure the drop of the window (head to sill) in 3 separate positions, as shown in the diagram. Again, note down the smallest measurement.
Note: For ‘Recess’ specified measurements we will make the necessary adjustment. see Guide to Recess allowances below.
This is the measurement you need to take if you want your blind to hang outside the window recess. We will make your blind exactly to these measurements.
- Measure the exact width area where you would like blind to cover. Note down the measurement.
- Measure the exact area you would like the blind to cover from top to bottom as shown in the diagram Note down the measurement.
For Exact measurements we recommend that you have an overlap of 51 mm (2") at the top and 38 mm (1.5") on each side
The allowances made to woodweave blinds from the collections specified to calculate your actual blind size. (Please note we work to an operating tolerance of +/- 5mm).
|Collection||Width allowance||Height allowance|
|For 'Exact' deduct (cm)||For 'Recess' deduct (cm)||For 'Exact' deduct (cm)||For 'Recess' deduct (cm)|